The Northern Ireland Executive decided on the 10th of September, to introduce a series of localised restrictions in an effort to stem the increase in Covid-19 cases and keep people safe.
The areas affected are:
- Belfast City Council area
- Postcode area BT28
- Postcode area BT29
- The town of Ballymena and postcode area BT43
The restrictions are:
- No mixing of households in private dwellings, with exemptions for: bubbling with one other household; caring responsibilities including childcare; essential maintenance, supported living arrangements; visits required for legal or medical purposes; or marriage or civil partnerships where one partner is terminally ill;
- No more than six people to gather in a private garden from no more than two households;
- Anyone living in these areas is asked to avoid unnecessary travel outside the restricted areas.
- Care homes and hospitals in these areas will be advised to significantly curtail visits as soon as practicable. One member of a family will be permitted a visit once a week while these localised restrictions apply. More frequent visits may be permitted in exceptional circumstances, including palliative care facilities and those receiving end of life care.
- Medically vulnerable and older people living in these areas are asked to be particularly careful in following the advice on limiting household contacts, social distancing, hand washing and wearing a face covering, given the local levels of Covid-19.