An Advent Journey with Mary and Joseph
- Who? Facilitated by Caren Collins and Deacon Kevin.
- What? An Advent Retreat of Guided Meditations on Scripture.
- When? Thursdays 28th November & 5th, 12th, 19th December @ 7pm – 8.30pm
- Where? The Lounge in the Parish Centre
- Why? Sometimes the season of Advent gets lost amid the hectic build-up to Christmas. We lose the sense of, “Waiting in joyful hope for the coming of our Saviour.” In fact, we can end up feeling stressed and dissatisfied before we even get to the big day. Why not escape the busy-ness of the Christmas preparations and journey, slowly with Mary and Joseph, to prepare your heart for the arrival of Jesus? This beautiful programme uses Scripture, art, poetry and discussion, to help us to enter into the true spirit of Christmas, to acknowledge our deepest longings and to pay attention to what God is saying to us through them. If you have the time, come along for a cuppa and a chat beforehand. Tea and coffee will be served in the Lounge from 6.30pm each evening of the course, for a prompt 7pm start. Everyone welcome!